The passing of a loved one can have a dramatic effect on the family and close friends, and it is important to be there for them in their time of need. Here are a few ways you can support a loved one who has experienced a recent loss:
Support the grieving by helping them in any way you can. Offer to cook dinner, go shopping, or take care of housework for the family. These acts of kindness can go a long way. Even if the family refuses the extra assistance at first, it may be best to simply perform the task without asking.
Be authentic in your condolences. If you can’t think of much to say, then silence may be all that is necessary. Sometimes, your presence is all a loved one needs to feel comforted. Be accepting and understanding of the grieving process. Some individuals may need to cry or get angry in order to express their emotions. Everyone will grieve differently. Let the individual know that it is okay to express his or her most heartfelt emotions without the worry of criticism or judgment.
Be Willing to Talk About It
One of the most helpful ways to deal with difficult emotions is to discuss them, so allow the bereaved that opportunity. Be there for them. Provide a shoulder to cry on and open up your ears to truly listen. Retelling the stories and fondest memories of a recently lost loved one is a healthy road to acceptance.
To truly help those who are grieving, you can also offer to help with the funeral arrangements. Enlist the assistance of a first-rate funeral home, cremation, and burial service for your loved one. If you are searching for quality funeral services, then contact Skylawn Memorial Park in San Mateo, California. Our staff will respond to your needs with compassion and care. Contact us today at (650) 349-4411.
When a loved one passes, the prospect of a funeral may seem emotionally overwhelming. However, attending the funeral may be a way to help you cope with your loss and facilitate grieving. The funeral ceremony gives you a chance to express your emotions and begin the process of acceptance.
In this short video from howcast.com, you will learn how to dress appropriately for any funeral you may attend. The clip guides viewers through a step-by-step process for selecting an acceptable outfit for funeral proceedings. This video can be very helpful, especially if you are unclear about funeral services for different cultures or situations.
Funerals are for celebrating and commemorating the life of your loved one. For quality services, contact the professionals at Skylawn Memorial Park in San Mateo. Our compassionate staff is experienced in funeral, burial, and cremation services for many traditions and cultures. Contact us today at (650) 349-4411.
If you or a family member is suffering from grief, then you may find these resources helpful. You can also learn more about the history and evolution of the gravestone from these informative online articles. If you’re in need of service planning, then contact Skylawn Memorial Park at (650) 349-4411.
- To learn about grieving and bereavement, consider this website from the U.S. National Library of Medicine.
- At WebMD.com, you can read a comprehensive overview of the symptoms and treatments of grief.
- If you want to learn more about how to help a grieving friend, then consult this article from Psychology Today.
- For a detailed history of burial customs and cemeteries in American history, visit the National Park Service’s website.
- This eHow article discusses the materials typically used to create gravestones.
What are you thankful for?
If you are looking for support during the grieving process or would like to learn more about different funeral traditions, then consider these helpful resources. If you would like to contact our supportive, compassionate staff, please call Skylawn Memorial Park at (650) 349-4411, or contact us online.
- Along with mental pain, grief can cause physical ailments —take a look at what Everydayhealth.com has to say about grief and how you can deal with it.
- If you are looking for more tips on dealing with grief, then visit the National Institute of Health online.
- If you would like to learn about the history of Dios De Los Muertos, then explore this interesting history lesson.
- Visit The United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism for a guide to Jewish funeral practices.
- For more information about Ching Ming, visit the Chinese Historical and Cultural Project’s website.
- Funeral Planning
- Catholic Funeral
- Skylawn Funeral Home
- Green Burials
- Cremation San Mateo
- Funeral Services
- Chinese Funerals
- Funeral Traditions
- Grief Support
- Asian Affairs
- Funeral Flowers
- Feng Shui
- Community Events
- Ching Ming
- Mandela Memorial
- Jewish Funeral
- Memorial Service
- Chung Yeung
- Dia De Los Muertos
- Green Burial
- Funeral Etiquette